Friday, June 8, 2012

Weaving Study

I'm making progress on my weaving study.  I'm weaving the sample and after resting while I pursued some knitting.  Here are my results so far.


Even beating.
Hard beating.
Light beating.
Twill pattern - heddle order - 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-1
I did find a great tip from the book since my warp edges were not catching in the weave.  I had moved my shuttle from left to right while lifting heddles 1-2 and this is what happened on both ends.
After un-weaving, I moved my shuttle from right to left while lifting heddles 1-2 and the warp edges caught very nicely.
The instructions state to repeat the even, hard, and light beatings and then start to experiment.  I think I won't be long until the warp is finished and the loom will be ready for a new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment