Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Neighborhood Farmer's Market

I think my neighborhood has finally come up in the world and we have a new farmer's market.  I went by to check things out with Carol from my knit group.


The market also has a CSA - community supported agriculture weekly box in small and large for a 9 week commitment.  The difference between this CSA box and others I have participated in the past is that the stuff in the box comes from different vendors instead of one farm.  You also have the option to trade out things that you don't want or like.


I wanted to see what kinds of farms were represented as well as what was up for sale.


The market was made up mostly of prepared food vendors and arts and crafts.  There were flower vendors and scents and soaps.  It was a good crowd turnout for the first market and the plan is to have a year round market.


I purchased some eggs.
And some pasta.
With some white flesh peaches and some rainier cherries.


Carol and I also had some seafood tacos from the fish/shell fish monger.  Very tasty snack.


The market is on Tuesdays between 3:00 and 7:00 at the Petco parking lot on Morena Blvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment