Saturday, May 2, 2015

Advanced Serger Class

I headed up to Sewing Machines Plus to take another 3-day serger class with Sue Green.  Baby lock was generous enough to provide Ovations for the class so I did not have to use my own, but I did take my serger and sewing machine up for service which they did in 2 days.

It was a slower paced class with lots of techniques.
First we learned to serge off the edge without excess threads.  This will totally come in handy and provide a neater edge.
Terry cloth was also featured and with using both machines, and of course same colored thread, I learned how to serge to make my own robe.  Sue even stated that the best deal for terry cloth were bath sheets from CostCo.
Zippers were pretty easy as well.
Special guides provided fold over edges for necklines and sleeves.
At the end of class, I actually set up 8 threads and serged for a pretty cool result.
If I changed the differential feed, I got poofing.
I also saw this cute little singer sewing machine that is the ultimate traveler.
Ron Martin came in and announced they will be opening a 10,000 sq ft store in Mission Bay down the hill from my house later in the fall.  I'm super excited to have this great place closer and I plan to spend more time taking classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment