Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sacramento and Oakland Field Trip

Exigent circumstances required a quick trip up to Northern California, but I was able to get some other work done as well.

I started out in Northern Sacramento after hanging out at the office and went to lunch at the Beach Hut Deli where I ordered a vegetable sandwich with turkey.
After work I was able to stop by and see my parents and their garden is in full bloom.
Had a meal of Indian food at Bombay Bar and Grill where we ordered a vegetarian appetizer sampler, lamb curry and chicken tandoori with a naan basket.
Outside the restaurant, there was yarnbombing on a tree.
I then headed out to Oakland where I was able to meet up with Judy for dinner at Bowl'd where we ordered appetizers and the sizzling bowl with pork belly.
The trip was not as successful as I would have liked, but I did get some stuff handled.  It rained surprisingly which I think I brought home with me.

I was lucky enough to hang out with our Oakland staff and had lunch in celebration of public service recognition week.  We went to the Tribune Tavern.
And had house root beer and a ham sandwich with fries which I brought home for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment