Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wolf is Calling Me

My mighty wolf loom started calling me to tell me it was time to dress him up again.

With my decision to move out the mac loom, stuff was rearranging itself.  So the wolf loom came out to play.  I pulled out a scarf pattern with a red warp and a grey weft and got everything ready to go.

First the warp was wound using the beka warping board.  I had to break down and watch a video to refresh my memory on how to create the cross.  Once the warp was wound, then math had to be figured.

The equipment was pulled out of the closet and I decided to warp from back to front using lease sticks and a raddle.  I couldn't figure out how the raddle fit on since the couplings didn't fit the back beam.
I also got these clamps in the same bag and had to think about what to do with those.
I sent an e-mail to Schacht to see if they could shed some light on what the problem was.  I also got this piece which I have no clue what it is for so I added a picture of that in the e-mail as well.
I ended up using another technique from the Louet looms and attached the raddle to the top with those clamps and wound on the warp.
Now to thread the heddles and sley the reed.  It has been quite a while since I've had my hands on this loom and it took some time to prepare it with the right number of heddles and add on the tie ups for the treadles.

Another day or two before this baby is ready to weave.  I also pulled out my end feed shuttles and wound some pirns.  I'm getting excited about weaving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment