Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Weaving Sample Finished

When I bought the Macomber loom, I put a blue warp on it and then used some fuzzy stuff as weft.  I did a pattern, but it didn't really show up very well as the fuzzy yarn was a variegated color.

After fits and starts, I finally wove that sucker off.
I made some threading errors so I need to take a sewing needle and thread up two warp threads up the back since somehow they didn't catch at all.

After trimming and binding the edges, I will wash it and see what happens to the fabric.

I did find that the mechanics of this loom didn't really work well with my body.  I had to switch around heights and positions of chairs and I think this loom will be moving to someone else's house.  

I already have my next project in the queue and need to decide if I want to open up the big loom or take out the small loom from the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment