While watching the KnitGirllls podcast, Leslie highlighted a sewcial bee sampler on Maureen Cracknell's website.
It looked fun and every wednesday, a pattern is released for a block. There are 25 in all so I decided to partake.
I ended up stash diving and came up with the 4 main colors in batiks.
I went out and got a few more batiks which were 25% off at Beverly's to round out the colors.
I thought the sea turtles would be great as the backing and the purple for the sashing and binding. I needed some color help from Peggy and she steered me to the aqua blue for the frames.
I didn't start this when it was announced so I'm a few weeks behind already, but I was able to get the first 3 blocks done.