Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Dragon Quilt Progress

I also made progress on my dragon quilt.  I added the 2" border on the sides of the quilt to frame it.  I had to make a few adjustments and cut off some excess after the attachment but it makes a nice border.
It is always a challenge for me to sew when the quilt gets large.

Next up is also a new technique.  I'm going to cut the dragon border and sew it on all along the edges and then miter the corners to it will look like a continuous border.  I had to look up a few youtube videos and there are many of varying quality.
It will also be challenging to cut out the border and cross my fingers that there is enough fabric.  To make sure that the lines are even, I'm going to cut in a single line moving the fabric across.  The fabric comes with two borders separated by the colored squares on a black background.  I might be able to salvage that part for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment