Saturday, January 8, 2011

Addicted to We Games

I purchased an iPad over the holidays with my Christmas bonus and Love Love Love it!  In addition to surfing the interweb, reading mail, reading books, sharing photos, listening to podcasts, watchin Netflix movies, playing Word With Friends, and daily Sudoku, I have come upon the We games - We Rule Quests, We City, and We Farm Safari.

These are highly addicting games where you are actually creating your own realm with farms, shops, homes, etc.  You start with a small plot of land with a structure and some seed money.  Off you go to farm and earn more money to enable you to buy other more lucrative business.  It is quite the little community as you link to other users who have their own realm where you can buy and sell and trade with them.

I'm just starting out and it is fun time watching your own little endeavor grow.  So far everything I have done is free.  The games are free and you don't need to buy anything - you can if you want to increase the speed of things, but taking the time is part of the fun.  You can find me as sdmags.

On Ravelry, there are a bunch of fiber folks playing these games and I linked up a few and am having fun looking at their "kingdoms."  I can tell that they have been building for a while and have reached much higher levels with elaborate constructions.  The cool thing is also that once you enter your "friends" in one game, they transfer to other games.

I'm off to harvest some agriculture, take my animals to the fair, and sell some fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment