Sunday, January 9, 2011

Double-Heddle Bookmarks

I listen to the Weavezine podcast by Syne Mitchell.  She recently had a discussion about a double-heddle bookmark kit that uses a rigid heddle loom.  This kit was on sale through the end of December and can be seen here.  The kit contains enough yarn to make 4 bookmarks and the yarn comes from Just Our Yarn.


I purchased two kits and they arrived lickety split.
I am familiar with Just Our Yarn since I met them and bought my beaded shawl kit from them which won first prize at the Del Mar Fair.


I had to borrow a 12 dent heddle for the cricket loom from Jan so I could have two heddles for this project.  It it great to have fibery friends!  She also came to my rescue when I couldn't find one rubberband in my house.


Here is the progress:
The loom is warped.

First bookmark - weft tension not even.  I somehow didn't pull tight enough on the weft when weaving at spin class and I have a little bulge on the left side.  One down and four more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment