Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wool Combs

I was lucky enough to find used wool combs.  I purchased a set by Alvin Ramer from The Wheel Thing.  It is a full package and very lovely.


The model I got is the super mini combs in cherry which are described as: 


The Super Mini Combs are two pitch and will process all of the fine fiber that the Mini's do as well as Romney, Corriedale, Mohair, etc.,and will process more fiber faster than the original Mini Combs. Each comb weighs 9.2 ounces, measures 8" long, the tines are 3 1/2" wide and 3 1/2" high. They come in the same beautiful carrying case/stand as the Minis and of course in your choice of wood.


There is even a link that tells you how to use the combs.

Here are the combs.
I had some lincoln locks in my stash so I combed some of it as you can see here.
The combs are wicked sharp but very cool to use and look at.  They sure were able to tame the lincoln into a soft puffy pile of spinable fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment