Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blog Hub Stash Swap

As I previously posted about here, I sent one of my stash skeins to another Raveler - GabyKnits aka Gaby.  Her blog is at livinglavidanormal.com.


I decided to send her some hand spun yarn in a reddish color from some fiber I received when I first started spinning from the Yarn School at Harveyville that I purchased as part of a club on Etsy.


When I was going through my stash, I had a really hard time choosing something since my stash falls in primarily two categories - high price lace yarn and low price craft yarn.  I really didn't have anything in between and I felt it was too cheap to send leftovers from my knitting projects.


I have been going through a cold sheep and yarn diet for the past year and I have culled quite a few yarns from my stash and have pretty much kept my really lovely yarns with projects in mind.  I have also found that I'm more inclined to spin the yarn for projects I want to knit and have been having a really fun time with that even though it probably takes twice or three times as long especially, if I decide to dye the finished yarn.


I decided on the hand spun because I felt it was a good compromise between the luxury yarn that I wanted to stay in my stash and the craft store yarn which would make me feel stingy.


For another perspective, Christine, the person who sent me her stash yarn blogged about her choice here.  It is interesting to read her reasoning and question whether the swap was successful or not.


I have yet to decide what to do with this yarn and after some more contemplation, I will blog about my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment