Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spinning Frog Hair

When I first started spinning, I went a little crazy (well a lot actually) and purchased quite a bit of fiber from quite a few vendors.  I bought some fiber from Frog Hair fine fibers on Etsy.com.


All the fiber were in my favorite colors of purple and green.  I had stashed all this great stuff in the cupboard of my craft room - and it was out of sight, out of mind.  I figured that I would "save" this good stuff until such time that I was a much better spinner.


I have learned in the course of spinning that it pays to just start with the good stuff.  The better your raw materials, the better your end product.


I recently re-organized my craft room and all my fiber came out into the light and here were all these braids of fabulously colored fiber.


One of them is this one.
It is a beautiful variegated purple color (which is really hard to photograph) and is 4 ounces of superwash merino.  I was able to spin up 500 yards of yarn that measured 14 wpi (wraps per inch).
It is soft and squishy and I can wait to knit something with it.


I still have these others to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment