Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gift of Qiviut Yarn

I had previously knit Dimma for my friend Donna who was gifted some fabulously expensive yarn from her sister as blogged here.


Donna surprised me with a gift of some of that fabulously expensive yarn as payment for Dimma.  I guess she was tired of waiting for me to decided my exchange for the knitting.


She asked her sister in Alaska to send her some of that yarn and this is what I got.
It is yarn in the color way midnight sun and is comprised of 60% qiviut, 20% merino, and 20% silk.  It comes from Arctic Qiviut in North Pole Alaska.  How cool is that?


There are two ounces amounting to about 437 yards of lace weight yarn.  I can't wait to figure out what I'm going to knit with it!  Right now, it is sitting on my desk so I can feel it up every now and again.

1 comment: