Monday, May 9, 2011

Fondle This! October 2010 Project

Last year, I participated in the Fondle This! fiber club.  I'm still behind on projects from last year, but I just finished the October 2010 project.


I got 3 ounces of Cormo top and the Hemlock Flower Tam pattern.


The Cormo sat around for a while and when there was a dye day at the spinning class, I decided that I wanted to dye this cormo.  I talked about that dye project here.


I spun up the fiber to the specification of a 2 ply sport weight yarn that amounted to 370 yards.
I finally got around to knitting it and had to unknit some due to some confusion on the pattern.  I had to go back to the Hemlock Ring blanket pattern that I knit and used the instructions there for rows 35-43 and finished it in time to enter the tam in the Del Mar Fair.
The tam only used about half of the yarn so I may make another one.  The color patterning on this one is much brighter with the pink highlighted.  The remaining yarn is much darker so it will be a totally different effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment