Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blog Hub Yarn Swap Adventure Match

In the Blog Hub Ravelry group, a new match adventure started.  I had participated in a 7 gift swap in this group before that you can read about here.


This swap is a little different in that it is to help us all churn our stash around.  We are not to buy any new yarn but only choose some from our stash and send it to someone else for blogging and then usage with more blogging.


I was assigned my partner and I need to put my yarn in the mail by the 16th of this month.


Here are the requirements:


In the package, include your yarn, your Ravelry ID, and your blog address so your partner can post with a link to your blog when s/he receives the yarn.



Yarn: 
We will be swapping any unused skein (with the wrapper on or attached if it was wound into a “cake”) from our existing stash. Do not buy any new yarn for this swap!
The yarn can be leftover from a project, something you have too much of, something you hate, something you love, something you are regifting - really anything from your stash.
Project and Blog: 
Each swapper will write a blog post when s/he receives the yarn. After writing your post, you should PM the person who sent you the yarn so s/he can also write a post on their own blog linked to the recipient’s post.
Each swapper should attempt to make a project with the yarn and then blog about the project. Since the yarn is only one skein, it can be a small project. If the yarn isn’t your style, you can just work up a swatch of a stitch, for example. If life or WIPs get in the way, a blog post about a planned project is acceptable.
Each swapper is encouraged to blog as much about the project as possible (e.g., about picking or designing a pattern, pictures of the work in progress, completed project, etc.) with a link bank to the sender’s blog when appropriate.
I need to look around my stash and see what I should send.  My swap partner has been assigned with some requirements.  I can't wait to see what will be blogged about my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment