Sunday, September 4, 2011

Basic Sock Revisited

As I have posted in the past month, I have been taking a sock knitting class from Craftsy.


I have made significant progress and placed the waste yarn for the after thought heel.  I decided that I would pull out the basic socks and see what was going on when I stopped.
I determined that the increase in the gusset was not smooth and there were a couple of stitches missing so I tried to tink back and use the after thought heel instead of the gusset increase with a heel flap.


Well that was a dismal failure and I ended up frogging the entire mess and re-skeining the yarn to be washed and dried to remove all the kinks in the yarn.


I went into my stash cupboard and pulled out one of the skeins of Online Supersocke 100 in the Indian color way.  I weighed the skein and came up with 102 grams.


After winding 51 grams onto the ball winder, I started a new pair of basic socks.
I was careful to start both socks at the same color place on the yarn so they should be very similar as I'm knitting them toe up two at a time on magic loop.


I used Judy Becker's Magic Cast on with 16 stitches each sock and used Cat Bordhi's increase to get up to the 60 stitches for my sock.  After that it should be mindless knitting until the waste yarn for the after thought heel, more mindless knitting until the sock is long enough for the cuff.


This sock will go into my new sock project bag I posted about yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment