Sunday, September 18, 2011

Multnomah

Every year on my birthday since I started knitting, I cast on a new project.


This year I saw the Multnomah which is a shawl by Kate Elsa.  The pattern has a beautiful green color as the sample but I dug around my stash and ended using a pink and purple variegated lace merino yarn from Ella Rae that I purchased when I was last in Seattle.


It seems to be a pretty fast knit since it is mostly straight garter stitch with a feather and fan pattern.


Here is the progress so far.
I confess that I'm less than thrilled with the coloring on this shawl.  Last week I went by Yarning for You and they are holding a breast cancer event called Knit for the Cure and are asking for donations of items for sale to benefit the Susan G Komen Foundation.


The deadline for the donated items is November 1 and I'm pretty sure that this will be finished by then and it will probably be donated.


I will need to find another yarn to make another one of these shawls - maybe something in the green color way.

No comments:

Post a Comment