Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Warped Weekend

I spent the holiday weekend hovering over my looms...yes that is plural.


The first project was another Aloha Scarf on my Eolia loom.  I still had enough yarn left over to make one more scarf.
Next I warped a new pattern called Color and Weave Dishtowels on my Ashford 8 shaft table loom.  I think after weaving a bit, I will probably regret that it is not a floor loom with treadles.  Using my hands to manipulate the shafts will probably get tiresome.
Val requested the Greta towels for her house warming gift for her new home in Colorado so she selected the yarn colors and I warped that on the LeClerc Artistat.
Then for the Wolf Pup loom that followed me home from Orange County, I warped it with the last scarf from the Avatar spinning project.  I had posted about the spin theme and the contest.  The previous two scarves I wove were sold and I have enough left over for one more.
Lots of weaving for September.


The weather was crazy as it rained on the holiday but stayed cool.  It seems like winter has hit already after an almost non-existent summer.  I was able to spend some time volunteering at the library and wash a couple loads of laundry, but the banana bread baking and weed pulling went by the way side.  


It took quite a bit of time over the weekend to wind the warp and dress the looms.  I'm hoping that as time goes on, it becomes easier and faster.  

1 comment:

  1. Great projects!!!! :-) Love your Wolf Pup that followed you home. Someday, I hope to have one also, added to my little collection of looms...

    ReplyDelete