Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chicago Recap

Adventures in Chicago - it has been almost two years since I have visited the windy city.  I was called back for weapons qualification and some training so I packed up and flew over.  It is a very long flight to be packed in like sardines.


I was able to visit with my friend Bonnie who took me to Santorini in Greek Town.  I ordered lamb of course and Bonnie had chicken.  
The waiter who was very nice comped us an appetizer of saganaki which is a flaming cheese plate.  It was delicious.
We ended the dinner with rice pudding which was also delicious.  I told the waiter they needed to open a restaurant in San Diego.
Bonnie also took me to Loopy Yarns where they were having a 6th anniversary sale so I had to buy some yarn to commemorate my trip.  I also succumbed to a Signature circular needle in US 6.


Work went well (the main reason to travel to Chicago) and I was able to hook up with some staff for information I needed to work my cases and we had our safety briefing.  The next day, we spent most of the day at the range and we all qualified for another year.  Here I am with an MP5.
After a late lunch, I was back on the plane headed for home.  The airport was really festive and they have very good food options.
On the plane headed for home, the cloud formation was like looking at a layer of cotton.
Home safe and sound.  I picked up my babies and we all crashed in our beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment