Monday, September 19, 2011

Mohair - The Experiment

As long as I have been knitting, I have had a love hate relationship with mohair.  Mohair is from angora goats and while the fiber has luster and softness, my skin just does not like it.


At the last spin get together, I was talking with Lori Lawson of Capistrano Fibers and she stated that she found some mohair that was fabulous and recommended that I try some to see if I had a skin reaction.


So off I went to Eureka Mohair and I ordered two ounces of their mohair locks in a lime rind green color way.  You all know by now that I'm a sucker for anything that is green.
I got a nice message from Allen Mesick stating that he hoped my skin would not react to his mohair.


The package came in the mail and the green locks are beautiful and soft to the touch.  In my package, I also received a gift of some maple syrup mohair with a eucalyptus overdye.  Both samples are very lovely.
Now the ultimate test will be to spin and knit and see what the body has to say....wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment