Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Alpaca Hat

I have been in sort of a rut with my knitting.  I know my nature is to be seduced by new exciting projects and I have the very bad habit of casting on new projects without finishing old projects.  I guestimate that I have up to 20 unfinished projects (aka wips - works in progress).


I have been trying to work on my wips and found that I have been slogging through them without much enjoyment - it feels sort of like punishment so I decided to cast on something new - which always makes me happy.


My best friend Val had sent me some yarn to knit some fingerless mitts for her and her niece-in-law last christmas and she also sent me some green alpaca yarn.  I had left overs of the light and dark grey yarn for the mitts and four skeins of the green alpaca so I pulled out the Swirls Hat pattern.


I originally knit two swirls hats when I took a class from the now closed Bonita Yarn Store.  Both of these hats were absconded by my mom and aunt so it was time to knit one for me in my favorite color.


I was so motivated that it took me only a week to finish it up and here it is.  I can't wait for some cold weather trip where I can wear it.
I still have both greys and used only one skein of the green.  Hmmm what else can I start?

1 comment: