Friday, May 18, 2012

Socks Now Number Three

I have finished my third pair of socks - the Wavelength, that I started with the Sock Addicts at the Needlecraft Cottage.  It is my first pair of socks that fit with a design instead of just being plain.
I had posted about the sock start here where it was a fail.  I persevered through the patterning and used a slipped stitch heel and finished up with a 1x1 rib for the cuff.


I bound off using Peggy's stretchy bind off but once they came off the needles, the bound off cuff was not stretchy - false advertisement!


I had to tink back three rows to give me enough yarn (I mistakenly thought I was done so I cut the yarn) and used Jenny's super stretchy bind off and the sock are now done!


The next sock for the Addicts is the Diamond Gansey socks by Wendy Johnson from her book Socks from the Toe Up.  I plan on using some grey Baah! yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment