Sunday, May 27, 2012

CNCH 2012 - Day 3

I arrived at the Conference after brunch and was able to see a demonstration of Saori weaving.
I was able to sit and weave and make some cool icicles.
I wove the yellow and blue section.  Neat technique that I can try on my wolf pup loom when it is cleared.
It was amazing the patterns you can make with just two shafts.


I then headed for my class of AVL Warping Wheel Tips and learned some cool time saving tips for using the wheel.  I also found some supplies to make things a bit easier as well.
Angling the reed helps keep the section even.
Using tape and paper to keep the strands organized.
Bike inner tubes to keep the sections neat and clear while winding.
Using a cone holder to keep the winding easy to do.


There were some additional tips for winding super long warps as well as maximizing the wheel itself.  I will need to start using this awesome tool.


I ran up to see Joan one last time for some cotton seeds and purchased this ceramic dish for my takhli spindle.  Joan was teaching takhli spinning on day 3 and I bought her DVD to learn at home.
Headed back to the market for one last purchase of the "Little Man" niddy noddy from Village Spinning and Weaving.  Jude had the mini one that I used in the cotton class.  Awesome concept and easy to break down and store.  This niddy noddy can handle huge skeins of yarn.

1 comment: