Saturday, May 26, 2012

CNCH 2012 - Day 2

Day two of the Conference was spent with Joan Ruane and cotton spinning.  After taking her class, I hit the market to shop for her cotton.


Lunatic Fringe Fibers sells Joan's sustainable cotton which is labeled "cleaner" of which I purchased 4 ounces of white, brown, and green.


I also decided to find finer cotton cards that were flat instead of curved.  It is amazing how much you learn about ergonomics when you get the right technique.


I used the Ashford cotton cards which are curved for class and was able to make do but found by borrowing flat cards that they are more comfortable for me.
I shopped around since quite a few vendors had hard cards for sale and ended up purchasing Strauch cotton cards from Carolina Homespun.
I also checked out the gallery of items and saw some cool designs.
Weaving with plastic bits.
Loved this pattern.
Super bright colors.
This piece had an iridescent sheen to it and was quite lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment