Friday, November 2, 2012

Abalone Sweater

A couple months back, I was listening to the Stockinette Zombies podcast and they started a knit-a-long for a short sleeve sweater.

I checked it out and found that I had stash yarn that I had purchased on my previous trip to Alaska.  I think I purchased the yarn at a store in Seattle because of the color and the content - 50% rabbit angora, 25% merino, and 25% polyamide.

I started the sweater and was able to finish it by the deadline of October 31 and here is the sweater.
It is a bit long and I think I mis-measured the back so it hangs over my behind but it is soft and snuggly so I will enjoy wearing it in the winter.

I had to request another skein of yarn from a destasher on Ravelry so I have a bunch more yarn.  I may rip back the sleeves and make them longer.

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I don't like sweaters to hang below my fanny, but that extra long back should work really well for keeping out drafts!

    ReplyDelete