Thursday, November 8, 2012

Purchases at SOAR

I had been very good saving up and not spending money on crafty purchases waiting for SOAR.  Well, it was a total bust for me.  I did buy some supplies for my spinning wheels and had a good look at some spindles.  It is dangerous to hang around friends who have the same pursuits and the frenzy it generates just did me in.

Here are a few of my purchases.

KCL Woods - Ken Ledbetter had great things.  I bought a russian spindle, a drop spindle, a spin bowl, and a yarn bowl inlaid with turquoise.  Beautiful stuff.
Hansencrafts - new flyer assembly with new slow start and stop chip.  Loved the action and the set up.
Abstract Fiber - organic polworth/silk in the Tahoe colorway and merino, sw merino, silk in the SOAR colorway.  Also a cool shawl pin that won't fall out.  I was pressured by my peers at the condo to buy the SOAR colorway since all of them did before me.  It is my homework assignment to spin and make something before the Texas Retreat in March 2013.
Carolina Homespun - some bobbins and a drive band for the Suzie Pro wheel and great spindles from Texas Jeans - Bocote and Koa with a Koa bowl.
Opulent Fibers - this was my downfall.  The lovely colors of cashmere and at the last minute some dyed cotton as well.
It was a big expenditure but I think that in our group, I was not the winner.  Jude and Tami both bought rugs - which are absolutely beautiful and priced low.
As mentioned before, Sam bought a new mSpinner.

It feels great to be with my peeps.

1 comment: