Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lake Tahoe

I was fortunate enough to go to Lake Tahoe to attend SOAR 2012.  I was only taking the thursday workshop with Michael Cook (aka wormspit) to learn all about reeling silk.

I arrived a few days earlier as my partner in crime, Jude, arranged for us to stay at a condo down the hill from the resort where SOAR was being held which save significant funds - more to spend on shopping (discussed at a later time).

The hostess was Tami and her cousin Robin with another friend Sam all whom Jude met at the Texas retreat she goes to.

When I landed at the Reno airport, it was clear and cold.  On the shuttle bus I hopped with a few other people and off we headed to the Lake.  As we neared the Lake, I could see snow on the ground that had been plowed for the road but it was pretty dark at 9:00 pm.

I was kindly dropped off at the condo entrance and walked to meet up with "strangers" as Jude postponed her trip up due to weather conditions.

I chatted a bit and we all went to bed and the next morning all the girls left early for classes and I stayed in the condo relaxing, watching TV, and knitting.

Here is the view from the inside looking out on the balcony.
I put my in progress socks outside at a break in the weather.
But it snowed all day and at times, the snow was coming down sideways.  I did head out for some foraging of food and when I came back, I looked like a snow-woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment