Friday, November 23, 2012

Paco Vicuna

I purchased some raw paco vicuna from Jefferson Farms at the Estes Park Wool Market this year.

I got colors in tan and brown.  I finally got around to washing the fleece and boy was it dirty.  It was hard to tell since the fleece is colored but I placed the wool in a laundry mesh bag and into hot water with laundry detergent it went.
I did two washes and then 5 rinses and the water was still this color.
After multiple more rinses, it came out onto the sweater dryer and it took another 3 days with it moving outside during the day and inside during the night before it was completely dry.

It is still pretty dirty as seen by the debris on my car where the dryer rack rested in the night.
Here is the "clean" fleece after drying.
I still am getting dirt/dust from the fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment