Thursday, July 18, 2013

Circumnavigated Cardigan

A bunch of spinners and knitters that I know in a facebook group have decided to start a knit-a-long for the Circumnavigated Cardigan here in San Diego.  The designer does not have an online presence and the group has decided to make a mail order for the patterns and then meet to start the project.

I went ahead and order the pattern as well as a few other patterns by the designer - another sweater knitted on the bias and a vest pattern.

I have a couple of options for this knit-a-long, I can spin for the sweater using this fiber I got from Alisha Goes Around from the Texas retreat.  The fiber is superwash merino blended with tencel on the black and seacell on the red.
Or I can use this yarn which I got a few years back in Arizona.  The yarn is an aran weight and is 100% wool and I have 12 skeins which should be plenty.
The knit-a-long will begin after the Tour de Fleece is over so I have some time to decide.  I could be super ambitious and do both.  What are your thoughts?

1 comment: