Saturday, July 6, 2013

Stop Over in Los Angeles

On the way home from the fiber vacation, I had to stop in Los Angeles for work.

We made great time to downtown Los Angeles without too many traffic stops and checked into the Doubletree downtown.  This is the same hotel that my brother got married in.  The garden terrace is beautiful.

We met up with my brother for dinner in Little Tokyo which was a couple blocks from the hotel.
We ate at Daikokuya and had their famous ramen bowl.  There were a bunch of restaurants on the block but only this one had people waiting outside the door.
Their specialty is the daikoku ramen which we all had.
I also added some spicy tuna sushi while the other had the combo plates with a smaller entree.
The broth was super rich but the ramen was great.  There is a whole egg in the noodle broth, but it had a custard yolk and was very interesting.

Back at the hotel, I saw this in the gift shop.  It was a bit too steep to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment