Monday, July 8, 2013

Field Trip - South Carolina

I had a special assignment that took me to South Carolina.  I boarded a Delta flight since I could not get a direct flight to Columbia and ended up transferring in Atlanta.

The Delta planes have wifi for free.
I landed in Columbia and it was like walking into a damp bathroom.  The airport only has 16 gates and had a nice new feel.
Very nice landscaping and fish in the pond for viewing as I awaited the hotel shuttle.

I stayed at the Marriott which was under renovation, but the room was nicely appointed with a ton of TV channels.
Great fitness room and a pool on the second floor.

I hooked up with another agency to meet for an interview and on the way back we stopped for bbq at Hudson's Smokehouse.  They have a separate smoke house.
The dining room was rustic and they have a great buffet with all the southern food staples, but I was pretty good with a pulled pork sandwich with fries and cole slaw.
That evening I walked around and saw this great art piece which I assume is to hold together these buildings.
I met with a friend and we went to a Takosushi for dinner.
I ordered the crazy caprese salad and an order of spicy tuna.  Everything was delicious.
The entire time I was there the humidity was extreme and it rained off and on the week.  This was the USA Today weather map on tuesday.  The only place with green is Alaska.
The flight home was a nightmare since the weather closed down Atlanta for quite a while.  Delta routed me though Detroit and I ended up getting home 7 hours later than originally planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment