Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rock Strata Mitts

When I last visited Sacramento, I talked to my aunt who I had previous gifted a pair of fingerless mitts made of cashmere.  She told me she used them to death and would like another pair.  She had a friend make another pair for her out of cheap yarn and they are breaking down.

I saw the Rock Strata Mitts on the Stockinette Zombies podcast and liked the striping effect.  I figured I had the perfect yarn since I had dyed up the bison yarn I got from Judith MacKenzie at the Texas retreat while at the retreat in a red tint.

At Black Sheep Gathering, I picked up a green skein of the same yarn.  So with the pattern and the two skeins, I could make two pairs of these mitts.  I think it will be fun to have a matching set with my aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment