Monday, July 15, 2013

New Knitting Projects

With the Tour de Fleece going on, I somehow found my knitting mojo.  Weird that I'm not that excited about the spinning tour, but am more interested in knitting.

I culled through my stash and decided that nothing suited so off to yarn buying I went.  Knit Picks was having a sale on books so I picked up a copy of The Spinner's Book of Yarn Design and Knit Swirl where I saw a great sweater at Black Sheep Gathering.

My enabler pal, Jude, pointed out a link to a panda blanket pattern and I discovered the kit was on sale so I picked that up as well.  
Since Knit Picks has the $50 free shipping offer, I needed a few more dollars so I looked up some Simply Cotton Sport yarn to remake the Old Man and The Sea sweater.
Once the package arrived in the mail, I started the panda blanket as well as the sweater.  I decided to make the next larger size instead of figuring out a modification.


1 comment: