Friday, May 23, 2014

New Sweater Knit Along

I know my goal this year was to not start any new projects without finishing a bunch of my WIPs, but I saw this pattern and had to get involved.

I love Carol Feller patterns and have made a few of them.  I also purchased yarn for this project and I first bought some super wash merino/silk blend from Alisha Goes Around.  Once I had this yarn in my hand, I determined that it was a single and decided that I would need a plied yarn to prevent pilling.

So I ordered the recommended yarn from Briar Rose.  The yarn came and when I opened the box, the vinegar smell jumped right out and assaulted my nose.  I hung the skeins out in the sun for a few days and even though the smell is still present, it is not as strong.
I balled up one skein and will swatch with it.  It was a bit of an ordeal since there were multiple tangles but the skein is pretty large.  It is a blend of wool and tencel at 800 yards per skein.

No comments:

Post a Comment