Monday, May 12, 2014

One Step Closer to Finished Quilts

Over the weekend, I went to pick up the two quilts from the quilt lady - Marita.  She does a fantastic job and helps by doing the stuff that would take me quite a lot of time and effort.  She even provides the batting.

I was super happy with the pattern she picked and the pink and green quilt turned out quite well even though there were some sewing errors.  It is true that a lot of mistakes can be covered up with quilting.
This was a kit from Connecting Threads - Knit Picks for you knitters out there.
She did a fabulous job on Tyler's quilt as well.  She added the border for the back for me and then matched the top and bottom for a reversible quilt.
Now all I need to do is make some binding strips and sew them on.  One final step before these will be ready for prime time.

No comments:

Post a Comment