Monday, November 8, 2010

Another Warp Exercise

I found some black lion brand wool and some other fuzzy blue stuff and some glittery silver stuff and decided to warp the cricket loom.  It is taking me a lot less time to warp this loom.  I think I went through a 2 step process by not threading the heddle when pulling the warp.  Instead I had to use some 5 lb free weights to keep the tension as I threaded the heddle.

Here is the loom set up with the warp and some waste yarn in yellow before starting the weaving.
I remembered to leave some yarn for the hemstitching under tension that is ready to be done before advancing the weave.
It only took me about 30 minutes even with my multiple step process.  The next warp should fly by.


Well, I spoke too soon.  The warp was a little too wide for the loom and my tension was a mess.  So I had to cut off part of the weave and restart again with a narrower warp.
Here is the restart.
The weaving went by really fast and before I knew it, I was at the end.  Here is the finished scarf.
I have enough of the original warp to start again.  I just added some of the silver stuff in the center for the warp and I'm off again.

No comments:

Post a Comment