Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Warping Board

I purchased a warping board from a sale at the San Diego Weaver's Guild a while back.  This "board" cost me $5 but before you get too excited, it was missing one of the board pieces.  So I had three parts of the board and the warping pegs.  Not really useful....
I sent away for a replacement piece from LeClerc which cost an arm and leg for shipping.  The shipping was more expensive than the part.  However, once the part arrived, it didn't fit.  It seems that they changed from a square to an oval hole so there was no joy.  It would have cost too much to send the part back to get a refund.
So I had three pieces of one configuration and one piece from another configuration.  It didn't seem to be such a good deal after all....


I was able to find another weaver whose husband is a wood worker and since it was this weaver who was in charge of the auction where I purchased this "board," she offered her husband's services to make me the missing 4th piece.
He did an excellent job and I have a complete warping board to use.

So now that I want to start my Avatar scarf, I decided to use a 2 yard warp and here is the guide string for the path of the board to use.
There are some very useful youtube videos to show how to use a warping board.  The one I have been viewing is by Laura Fry here.  I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment