Friday, November 12, 2010

Fiber Sandwich

For spin class this week, we were asked to bring in some ready to spin fiber to make a fiber sandwich.  I had done this once before and brought some brown llama fiber that was a little too coarse for me.  There were two different fiber sandwiches and I took some from the non-llama pile which I then carded with my drum carder and spun yarn to knit the V Shawl
Incidentally, this was the shawl that I sold at the Bonita Craft fair that was discussed here.


This time, I brought a bunch of leftover fiber that was too little to use for anything of substance.
All the fiber is then stacked on top of the table with bits and pieces spread around.  After a big pile of fluff is amassed, then it is carefully "cut" into sections for distribution.
At the end of class, this is what I ended up with.
I will need to card this with my drum carder and then spin it up.  It is a little less than 2 ounces so to make something, I will probably need to add some other fiber.  Maybe a cream to make it look like confetti.  I will have to sit in front of the fiber closet and contemplate.....

No comments:

Post a Comment