Sunday, November 28, 2010

Plum Handy Plaid

When I started the hobby known as weaving, I purchased a few weave kits from the Yarn Barn.  


After a few lessons and some practice pieces, I decided I was "experienced" enough to tackle one of these projects.  The first kit is the Plum Handy Plaid shawl.  When you purchased a kit from the Yarn Barn, they let you choose your own colors of yarn in the kit. 


I purchased these colors:  


Scottish Hillside
Catamaran Seas
Cliff Rock
Orchid
Sandstone Cave
I was able to measure the 3 yard warp on my trusty LeClerc warping board and ended up with 3 parts.
Off to the loom...I purchased angel wings from Purrington Looms to assist in warping my loom by myself.  They are really great and I was able to get almost enough tension with just the lease sticks.  It helped that the yarn was 100% wool and pretty fuzzy.
It took me about 3 hours from starting the warping on the back beam and warping back to front.  Not bad for my second time through with this loom.  From the back.
From the front and the front beam tie on.
I'm really excited to start weaving this pattern.  The instructions state to weave in the same configuration as the warp.  I hope there aren't any threading mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment