Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fiber Sandwich: Part 2

As I posted here about my fiber sandwich, I ended up with 1.5 ounces of a sampling of fibers.  1.5 ounces is not alot of anything and definitely can't result in anything substantive so I decided to churn my fiber stash to see what I could come up with.

After an hour taking everything out of the bins in the closet, I pulled out some cormo fiber that I got from my bud, Juliblue.  It is white and I think she met the sheep that it came from.  It was nice and clean and prepared as roving.

I then took out my handy drum carder and gave it a good cleaning before putting the nice clean cormo in and started cranking the handle and started to make batts with the cormo sandwiching the fiber.

I added about 2.5 ounces of cormo and ended up with 5 batts weighing 4 ounces altogether.

Here are the batts.
After separating out the 5 into an equal amount, it is ready to spin.  I'm thinking maybe making a hat or some fingerless gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment