Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

In the U.S., we have a Federal holiday for Veterans Day to remember all the members of the armed forces who have fought to ensure our freedom and democratic ways.


I try not to get involved in the politics of the defense department but I wish that we would not have to have war at all.


I am appreciative of the sacrifices that these people make on a day to day basis and want to say a big THANK YOU.


I have a friend who is in the Army reserve who is currently serving a one year tour over in the mid-east.  I'm sure it is very hard for him to be away from his family.  In the past, I have also had some Navy friends who have been deployed over there.  It is always hard to think about them away from home for so long without all the creature comforts that we all take for granted.


To those over there, you are in my thoughts.  Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment