Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Charming Stars Quilt

I subscribe to the Moda Bake Shop blog here and saw a cool pattern for the Charming Stars Quilt.  I'm attracted to triangles but am intimidated by having to match up the points.


This quilt's construction is ingenious with no lining up points so I printed out the pattern and ordered 3 packs of Moda charm squares called Bliss by bonnie & camille.


I dropped by Beverly's Fabrics with my 25% fabric coupon and purchased a very pretty white on white flowered patterned fabric.


It was a little time consuming to cut all those 2-7/8" x 2-7/8" squares and then drawing diagonal lines on each one but it was well worth it.


Here is the first of the 16 squares with the star pattern.
I still need to buy some fabric for the borders, binding, and the backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment