Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Eolia Loom

I think I have weaving on the brain now.  I saw this used loom up for sale and I purchased it thinking it was a good deal - I am always falling for "good deals."


The heddle design of the Eolia is vastly different from the looms that I have and it seemed intriguing. 


The package came in two shipments so it took a little while for all the parts to arrive.  It also came with a nifty instructional DVD so it was pretty easy to set up and start to weave.


I dug around the stash and found some Bernat Satin Sport that I think I got on sale from Michaels and it is a pretty pastel color called Meadow.  It is 100% acrylic and very soft.


After watching the video, I was able to warp the loom fairly quickly and I started weaving on it in short order.  Here is the start of the scarf.
Here is a little video clip of the actual weaving with the heddle.
Progress....
I think that I'm going to have to jury rig an extra set of extension bars for this loom so I can increase the length of the fabric.

2 comments:

  1. I bought this loom in May 2004, haven't used it. More interested in weaving now and was trying to decide if I wanted to keep it or buy the knitters loom. I also bought the heddle/warp roller with the teeth wider apart (for thickr yarn) and also bought the extension pcs that are the same length as the original loom. i originally wanted to weave wider pcs to make garments, WOW, I knew I;d had it for a long time. Have you seen the book creative weaving (think its on amazon) it has lots of contemporary weaving/color combo patterns, What have you made? I didnt get a video with mine. Still using it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only made a few scarves with this loom. It is limited on the length of the fabric, but it is so much easier to warp. I have the book you mentioned and used it as inspiration. It is a beginner's book with great photos. The loom has sat in the closet for a bit as I have been knitting and sewing mostly.

    ReplyDelete