Friday, March 18, 2011

Search Dog Foundation

My friend Val forwarded me an e-mail about the Search Dog Foundation in the aftermath of the Japanese earthquake.


It is a small group in Ojai California (where the Bionic Woman was set - you can really date me now!) that rescues dogs from shelters and trains them to search for survivors in disaster zones.


I think this is a great organization and their teams have been deployed to many disaster areas including the one in Japan.


After thinking about this, I decided to add a gadget to my blog for rescues - adoptapet.com.  They have created a cute search block with an animated dog that you can see at the top of my blog.


If you want to donate money to the relief effort and maybe want your money to apply to something specific instead of the "general fund" of the Red Cross or other large charities, consider the Search Dog Foundation.  I think they are doing good in two major ways.


Last, I came across a series of satellite photos from the New York Times of the devastation in Japan.  It was very profound to see the maps of the affected areas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment