Friday, March 25, 2011

Meatball Sandwiches

I saw a recipe for meatball sandwiches that called out for me to try to make them.  I have never made meatballs so it was definitely an adventure.


I used ground turkey and a bunch of fresh parsley for the meatballs.
The recipe is definitely a step process with the first being preparing and the browning the meatballs.
It was tricky to try to brown them on each side.  My poor meatballs are sort of triangular instead of round.  Some of them with the extra bit of water looked more like scallops.


I then put some meatballs into a pot with Ragu sauce and brought it up to a low boil to heat up the sauce.


Instead of using the onions, I just spooned a few of these meatballs with sauce onto a roll and covered with gruyere cheese and then broiled it in the oven.  With the melted cheese, the sandwich was lovely.  The meatballs are not dry and I suspect the bread crumbs had something to do with that.
 Before baking.
After baking.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that sandwich looks killer! Please bring one to me - now!

    ReplyDelete