Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rainy Day Soups

Since the big storm moved in, I have been craving soup.  I scrounged around the kitchen and had carrots, onions, celery, and a butternut squash.


I also had a bundle of asparagus that I needed to use up.


I used my friend Kim's recipe for Caramelized Carrot Soup as a base and added the butternut squash.  With a jalapeno pepper, it was really zippy.
I used my new Scanpan Dutch Oven that I bought over the weekend as well and it is a lovely pan.


The asparagus soup base was a roue of butter and flour.  After browning that a bit, I took a shortcut and added the asparagus bundle and some onions.  The vegetables could have been roasted in the oven a bit to give it a little bit of extra flavor.
After using the immersion blender, I garnished the soup with some parmesan and had that for lunch with some french bread.
Yummy and great for a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment