Thursday, March 17, 2011

Time Wasters

I was sick with a stomach bug this week - hence no posts but I did find some things to pass the time.  Thank you iPad and App store!


I know that the new iPad 2 launched this week and I heard from an Apple source that they were flying off the shelves and there are no more in the store.  My friend ordered hers online and she stated that it is a 2-4 week wait.


I have the first generation iPad and have been laying around in bed playing with it and found some cool new games that are addicting.  I happened upon this website that has a bunch of apps listed at a discount.


First is Abble Dabble HD for $.99 which is similar to Words With Friends HD.  The board changes the squares after you play a word so you have more chances of getting those bonus points.  Also, it lets you know when you are placing tiles if the letters you are choosing are actually a word before you hit play.  If you download the game, you can start a game with me - I'm sdmags.


Next is a game that I got for free called Fishdom HD.  It is a cute game where you are starting an aquarium with fish and stuff.  There are three measures of fish, comfort and beauty.  You can buy items in these categories with money you earn by playing a puzzle game.  It is highly addictive and I found myself playing until the wee hours of the night.  There seems to be a glitch in the programming since you can only play the "lite" version but a new full version is currently being approved by Apple so I'll be on the lookout.


Based on this game play, I downloaded one of their other games called Fishdom H2O Hidden Odyssey which was $4.99.  It is similar to Fishdom in that you are creating and maintaining a fish tank - a few in fact, but to earn money you are on treasure hunts while diving and it is a search game for items under the sea.  The graphics are very realistic and this was another one that I stayed up way too late to play.


Last is a solitaire game called Cleopatra's Pyramid HD which was free.  There are multiple levels of card games which after being solved helps you build a pyramid.  If you like card games, it has cool graphics and many levels of play.


I'm feeling much better now so it is back to work and I must stash my iPad where I can't see it during the day so as not to get sucked in when I should be working.



No comments:

Post a Comment