Monday, March 10, 2014

Bath Mats on Rainy Days

We finally got a decent storm in Southern California and it was a perfect day to hang out in the craft room and dress the loom.
I pulled out a kit for bath mats that I bought a while back.  I measured out the warp right after I got the kit so it saved some time.
I chose a variety of blue colored yarn to match my bathroom color scheme.
It has been quite a while since I have dressed a loom and my first time for this loom.  I got out my angel wings and attempted to dress from the back to the front.  It was kind of a disaster and after a day and a half, I finally got some even tension and was able to tie it up.
I still need to tie up the treadles so I can get the right combination for the pattern.  I also wound up my bobbins.
It is almost ready to weave.

No comments:

Post a Comment