Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hello Taipei

We arrived in Taipei late afternoon and we parted ways with my parents who headed back to the States.  The last time I was in Taipei was in the 1980s and a lot has changed in the meantime.  One of the big changes is the new airport which is much farther away from town.  My aunt and I continued to Taipei to meet with her friends and I stayed another week while she stayed another month.

We had to hire a driver to pick us up and it is $30 each person each way.

We met up with my aunt's friend who put us up and we went out for sushi for dinner.
Before dinner, we wandered around the neighborhood where we stayed in his studio which has a bustling night market.

Gongguan – 公館

Gonpguan at night
Being close to two major universities Gongguan is one of the more interesting shopping areas in Taipei bustling and crowded almost any night of the week.
Location: Gongguan Taipei City / 台北市公館
Transport: metro to Gongguan Station (公館站) (exit 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment